Since joining the Mozilla and local hackerspace community, I like to give talks from time to time related to non-technical topics in Open Source, mostly Diversity & Inclusion and Advocacy & Policy.
So if you read my About Me page and like me to speak at your event, send me an email. Please include:
- The dates and location of your conference
- The nature of your conference (who do you target, how many people you expect, how many talks will be there)
- The nature of the talk (talk, workshop, panel…)
- If there are any travel arrangements or not and what logistics I need to take care of myself
Note: I am happy to participate also in panels, fireside chats or lightning talks, if you are looking for that as well.
As a Mozilla Tech Speaker, I usually get my costs covered by Mozilla when speaking at a conference important to Mozilla’s mission (and if it’s not on the other side of the globe). So if you intend me to speak about a Mozilla topic at your event, I can arrange to cover my costs. I appreciate a good hotel suggestion so I can book a room there as well. If you have funds to cover some of my costs, I’d be grateful if you could use these funds to sponsor speakers and attendees from under represented groups and help with diversity stipends instead.
If your event is outside Europe, getting there might be a bit harder, so feel free to reach out and discuss details.
What You Can Expect:
- A videocall to finalize details about my talk at your event (if you wish)
- An announcement on my social media channels.
- A trip report of mine regarding the event to follow up and give feedback
- Me mingling in with attendees, speakers and your team during the event
Bio (under 140 characters)
Bio (under 50 words)
Kristi is a member of Open Labs Hackerspace, and a Mozilla Tech Speaker and former Intern as part of the Outreachy program and FSFE. As part of the organizer team, Kristi has helped shape the OSCAL conference. She has finished her studies in International Affairs & Diplomacy.
Bio (under 100 words)
Kristi is a member of Open Labs Hackerspace, a community in Tirana, Albania dedicated to everything Free & Open Source. She is currently a Mozilla Tech Speaker and former Intern as part of the Outreachy program which aims to offer opportunities to underrepresented groups in Open Source communities and Free Software Foundation Europe. As part of the organizer team, Kristi has helped shape the OSCAL conference throughout the past years and continues to do so. She has finished her studies in International Affairs & Diplomacy and advocates for the importance of decentralized technology in today’s age.